Friday, September 23, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Well, this week has been a very good week for me, and I know it's because of the Lord. God has been teaching me a lot this past week, but the one main thing that had seem to keep coming up, is thought of trusting. Trusting what? This week He has reminded me, of how important it is to trust in Him, the Lord, and how important it is to trust His Word.

Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday at my church, we had Prayer School (which is learning great tips and lessons, on how to pray and have a better prayer life.) Wow...it was so good! I was reminded of how important it is, to have that special time with MY LORD!! Each day, is so sweet! The song My Quiet Time Alone (by Ron Hamilton), starts off like this: ""Before I start each day, there is a special place I love to go alone and seek my Savior's face: I find wisdom in His Word to instruct me in His will, And I hear His gentle voice say, "My child be still." My quiet time alone gives me power to obey, My quiet time alone with God each day. I talk to Him in prayer; ev'ry day He meets me there, My quiet time alone with God." How true! I enjoy getting on my knees, bowing before Him and just talking to Him, and hearing what He has to say!


 Ha, this is kind of personal, but when I am about to start my devotions, I ask the Lord, "Are you ready for our date?" You've heard of people having "Date Nights" right? Some people have it on just one day of the week, and some people have it maybe more than just one day of the week. BUT...I love having "Date Nights", every day with my Lord. There is no dressing up fancy or anything like that. He simply tells me, to come just as I am. The spiritual food this week, the fellowship this week...oh has been amazing. Why do we eat? So we can get nourishment for the day, and the Lord has been really been giving me the spiritual nourishment I need each day. I'm not going to lie, each day, I can't wait to spend that special time with my Lord. Now I am not saying that this week has been 100% perfect, because it hasn't. I have definitely had some down times. But being able to apply what I have been learning in my devotions, and taking time to pray to the Lord, has been a huge blessing.
 
So, let me ask you? How has your walk with God been, and how has your prayer life been this past week? Have you been spending time with the Lord? If not, I would encourage you!
 
"O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry, Everything to God in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment