Monday, September 5, 2011

"...And He Holds My Hand."

This weekend has been really good. I have definitely been enjoying my four day weekend :0) On Saturday, (September 3), some of my sunday school class (Connections Adult Bible Class) and I, went class/prospect visiting. Man, that was one of the most amazing times I have had. God used some of the people we met, to be a hug blessing to me. While we were out visiting, and as we were talking to certain people, I was reminded of how we all go through hard times, trials, and even struggles in our lives. I know that in my own personal life, when trials do come down my path, I sometimes let it have "control" over my life, instead of letting the Lord have control.

I know in my life when things get crazy, I start to question God. "God what in the world is going on? Why is this or that happening? Do you even know what you are doing?" I was reminded on Saturday morning of what God says in Psalm 139. Psalm 139:1-4 says, "O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it." This verse was a great reminder that He, Jesus Christ knows me, and He knows everything that is and is going to happen in my life. All He wants me to do is trust Him. (Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.")

Now I am not saying that when trials and tribulation happen in my life I handle it the right way, because I don't. I don't handle things like that too well, but I want to and I try. I can't make it on my own, relying on my own strenght. Why? Bcause my own strength fails me. Like Ive been learning, and still will be learning, I can only make it through the valleys and trials, with the Lord. In Hebrews I am reminded that He never leaves me, nor forsakes me. He is always there for me. I just...just have to call upon His name. Its amazing to feel Gods presence!

Well, I just wanted to share that with you all! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment