Sunday, August 28, 2011

Satan, So You Think You Have Won?

The Christian life is full of ups and downs. One day we can be like, "Praise the Lord" and the next day the complete opposite. I think sometimes to myself, "hey Lord, since I'm a Christian now, isnt my life supposed to be easy?" God never said life was going to be easy once we got saved. He told us in His Word that there would be trials and tribulations in our life. Ha, I thought of a small incident that happened today.

Saving money...I am not the best at it, and have a really hard time with it. I am trying to get on the ball with that, with the help of my family and friends. "I am trying to get on the ball.." See that phrase right there. Here I am realizing that I need to start saving money and I take the steps to do so like, opening up a savings account, not spending money where money doesn't need to be spent...Yep, everything is right on track...things are looking up!

(Knock, knock)
Satan knocking at my door.
"I hear everything is going well for you. Saving money finally? Listening to your parents and friends? Well, I don't like that, so here is a broken computer screen where you will need to use money to spend to fix it."
Yep, that happened today. Just when I got home to type something up, the screen cracks. Well not the screen. The plastic part around it. I tried to fix it...just wasn't working, in fact it got worse. Ha! I can laugh now. But 20 minutes ago, I wasn't.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little upset and I was thinking, "where in the world am I going to get the money to fix this?" Well, then it occurred to me, that this was the devil trying to pry his way back in my life and see if he could discourage me. Well, when I realized that, I told Him:
"Hey Satan, you think you have one this battle but you haven't. I see here you broke the outside of my screen, but there ain't nothing like duct tape to keep it together, until I have the money to fix it. So you can go to someone else and bother them, because your not having defeat over me."
I realized as soon as I told him that, there was a huge smile on my face. Yes, my screen is messed up, but there is nothing that tape cant fix. So Satan, you think you have won? I don't think so! For you see, I am on the Lords side and that's the winning side.

No comments:

Post a Comment